The Inventor of Email. In 1978, Shiva Ayyadurai created a computer program, he named "email", that was the first to fully emulate the interoffice mail system --- Inbox, Memo, Outbox, Folders, Address Book, etc.
Watch the full interview: http://newswire.fm/one_world/guests.php
1. Two of the most important innovations, TV and EMAIL, were created by 14-year-old boys.
2. Filo Farnsworth was 14 when he invented TV in Franklin, Idaho
3. Shiva Ayyadurai was 14 when he invented EMAIL in Newark, New Jersey
4. Innovation needs the right ecosystem of community support, great mentoring, freedom, respect and access to infrastructure.
5. Indian has a rich and long history of innovation across many fields of science, medicine, and engineering.
6. Today, India's feudal system of hierarchy and corruption is a barrier to innovation in major institutions like CSIR
7. Since Indian independence til today, India has produced ZERO Nobel Prize winners in Science and Medicine, within India.
8. Before Indian Independence, during British Rule, India produced two Nobel Prize winners in Science and Medicine.
9. False narratives are created that innovation can ONLY take place in big companies, large universities and the military.
10.The world needs 1.8 billion new jobs, and innovation is the key.
11. Shiva Ayyadurai was appointed by the Prime Minister of India as the First Outstanding Scientist Technologist of Indian Origin to lead a new innovation center in 2009.
12. In a report, Dr. Ayyadurai released, he identified problems and solutions for unleashing Indian innovation, for which he was fired and had to flee India.
13. An article Innovation Demands Freedom was published in NATURE magazine sharing Dr. Ayyadurai's observations of Indian innovation.